Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Perth Getaway Season 1

Get your passport, visa & boarding pass ready because I'll be taking you to PERTH.
And don't forget to bring along your jacket. By jacket, I mean a real jacket which can really keep you warm. I was 'cheated' by Soon :P

Soon : Bring a light jacket will do. My sis said it's still cold.
Me : Then should I bring a thicker jacket?
Soon : No. People will laugh at you.
Me : Ok. I'll bring my cardigan then.

And so, the innocent me (eherm) just brought with me a white cardigan. I don't blame you for that. Haha.

Our (me, mom and brother) adventure started at 20th September 2009 at 5.45pm when we took a cab to KL Sentral. We had our dinner there and later on took an airport shuttle to LCCT. We arrived at LCCT at 8pm (an hour earlier before check in time). So, what to do? Common sense told us to walk around and shop. And so, we bought jelly beans and other stuffs.

Just reached LCCT

The check in counters opened at 9.05pm (5 minutes later than the expected time) and we were the first to check in. Heehee... However, we still had 3 hours before departure. We headed to McD and munched down some burgers and french fries to kill time. Of course I had my favourite fillet-O-fish! We then enter the departure hall for custom checking and immigration.

At the international departures and immigration

The whole night was spent by waiting and waiting and waiting. Waiting for check in, waiting for departure and waiting for arrival.

Cam whoring in the departure hall, waiting for departure, of course!


Feeling excited, we boarded our flight (Air Asia X) at around 11.45pm. Once on board, my brother and I were damn disappointed to find out that there were no screens in front of our seats!!! Why?? A330-300 series should be equipped with screens. But heck! Brother even asked the flight attendant why there's no screens. But she replied only new A330 have screens, ours was the old one. Deng!

Our journey was estimated to take 5 hours and 20 minutes to reach Perth. We were suppose to take off at 12.05am but the plane took off at 12.30am. See, wait again. Luckily, the journey only took 5 hours and not 5 hours and 20 minutes as estimated. Soon said MAS also took 5 hours wad, so Air Asia should be 5 hours too. So, yeah...5 hours. 'Cheated' by Air Asia.

I did not sleep during the entire flight. It was so noisy with people opening and banging the overhead compartments, chit chatting, laughing and stuff. And even worse, they only turned off the lights when we were about to reach. Double deng!

We finally touched down at Perth International Airport at 5.25am sharp. We took around an hour to finally reach the arrival hall. The immigration and custom checking in Australia is quite strict, unlike Malaysia, which you can bring what ever stuff you want, including drugs. Just kidding. I don't think anyone of you are idiotic enough to be involved in drugs trafficking, am I right? Yes? No? Anyway, for those of you who do, good luck then. They actually have those hush puppy looking dogs to do the search by smelling your luggage.

Big and dark eye circles + eye bags, extreme exhaustion and body ache - Brought to you by Air Asia
Perth International Airport

Ok, moving on. The temperature on that fateful morning at that very time (around 6.35am) was bloody cold with a temperature of 11 degree Celcius. To tell you the truth, I was shaking and shivering outside the airport. So, you don't find any photos of me outside the airport. I was even shaking while talking with my brother and he laughed at me, as usual la. Hey, this is the normal involuntary reflex action, ok. Vasoconstriction of blood vessels occurred and I need to shake and shiver to increase my metabolism to elevate heat production. What the heck am I saying? Perhaps I miss Physiology class too much.

Alright, come back. I was only wearing a not-very-thick long sleeve shirt and a cardigan of only a few mm thick, mind you. What? Still laughing? Ah well, keep laughing then. I bet you will do the same if you were in my situation. Anyway, Soon and her eldest sis arrived after 10 minutes. Her home is just 10 minutes away from airport. So pai seh to have both of you fetching us in the wee hours.
Her eldest sis even let the 3 of us to bunk in her master bedroom. Double pai seh.

Mother & son
Mother & daughter
We were bunking in Soon's place. Thanks a lot for the royal treatment! :D
I really have no idea on what she was doing. She didn't seem like avoiding from my camera though
She said she wanna open a bottle of wine/vodka. Wanna get drunk early in the morning, is it?
Hey Snaga

We reached her home at around 7am and slept for 3 hours before starting our first day in Perth. So, I'll sign off for the time being. Stay tuned for more exhilaration and adventures. Cheers!~

No comments: