Nuffnang Ad

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My first blog

When people asked me why don't I write a blog, I used to give reasons such as I don't have the time, busy, SIEN! I don't know what to blog about because my daily life is almost the same. So mundane, right? Yeah, my life is damn boring. I know, alright!

Well, here I am, writing my very first blog on this fateful day. Why? Because I'm bored to death. Just had my VIVA a month ago, considered graduated but haven't convocated! Speaking of convocation, I still have to wait for 1 whole freaking year (UCSI likes to waste students' time and money, of course)! So, basically now I'm having my honeymoon of 5-months-holiday. I long for holidays while studying or working. But once I'm in a long holiday, I want to study. Haiz...why ah?? Here is what I do at home everyday : Culturing molds, growing mushrooms, sleep, eat, drink, toilet, online, watching TV, breathing??, blinking eyes??, and now even start to talk to myself (alone, I mean).




This is what I've been working on for one year - my thesis.










I'm not crazy......yet





Besides all these
無聊 things, I also did something for my future, of course. I emailed a lot of profs for my master degree but most didn't reply. Those who did reply were either have no grant or full already. Anyway, I found a few potential supervisors. 2 from UPM and 1 from UM. They said UPM is very pro in Biotech. But I'm not that keen on the research of the two supervisors. 1 of them do not have grant!! But I can apply for scholarship. So, keep this for further consideration. The second 1, hmm....her project does not interest me much. Ask me to work on computer software wo...don't know what docking, something target... ai ya, don't know la. Adding to that, the software is not available in UPM. Have to go all the way to UKM some more! What the hell... Another option is to play with rats by inducing arthritis in those poor Mickeys. Frankly speaking, I'm quite scared to work on animals. The thoughts of squeezing the rats' bodies (live ones, mind you) to measure the paw's edema diameter while they were squeaking and struggling in my hands makes me go eeewwwww...... So lastly, I turned my hope to the 1 from UM. I was told to work on anticancer activity, their mechanisms and gene expression. Oh, and maybe antidiabetic activity too. Sounds interesting to me.




The first potential supervisor is from the
Faculty of Science.











UPM is very 'historical'










Insitute of Bioscience (where I shall be working if I chose UPM)




Faculty of Medicine (UM)



Faculty of Medicine, which looks like a hospital. Kinda creepy
During these few weeks, I was so confused and kept changing my mind everyday. UPM, UM, UPM, UM. Ahhhh! I was actually more interested on the 1 in UM but scared of the traffic jam. Stupid right??? I know. My family was so worried about my driving skill. So I chose UPM (less cars and traffic jam). No matter it's UPM or UM, their distance is the same and I'm sure there'll be traffic jam too. However, in the end, I still chose UM because of Chin Hong's words. Yeah, I'm easily influenced by others. I mean seriously easily!


CH : You're not even afraid of ghosts but now you're telling me you are afraid of traffic jam and cars??? You must be kidding right? Where's your confidence? Speak for yourself la, or else your life would always be controlled by others.



Wow....thank you for your support, CH! Ok. Enough of UPM and UM. I'm getting
長氣. Meanwhile, I'm patiently waiting for my spring vacation in Australia! Perth, to be exact. Haven't go travelling in 2 years. I know this vacation will be a different 1. Why? Because I would be more relaxed (not bothered by school work, as previous vacations) and because there's Ah Soon there. She's 1 of the craziest friends I have. This vacation will be different too because dad is not joining us. Ooowww....promise next time will go for a family vacation. Ok, wanna continue my drama liao. Ciao~~~

No comments: