Nuffnang Ad

Friday, May 21, 2010

Robin Hood

All this while, I had been dumbfounded and confused as I had always thought that Robin Hood = Little Red Riding Hood. How stupid, right? They are 2 totally different characters, OK. Let alone the gender itself. Heck! I was told by my brother that Robin Hood supposed to wear green. So, out of curiosity, I googled it and this is what I found - a Peter-Pan-look-alike Robin Hood versus the macho-looking Robin Hood.

























This movie features the award winning actor, yes, Russell Crowe it is, who plays the role as Robin Longstride a.k.a. Robin Hood, as an archer under the lead of King Richard. Following the death of King Richard in an ambush, a dying knight (Sir Robert Loxley) summoned Robin to return a sword to his father (Sir Walter Loxley) in Nottingham. The ruthless King John was enthroned following the death of King Richard. He demands harsh taxes to be collected and death will be implemented for those who do not abide. Sir Godfrey, the betrayer, was sent to raise the revenue. Little did he know that Sir Godfrey is an agent of French King who intends to cause Civil War in England. In the battle between the English and French, Robin stylishly spurts an arrow through Godfrey's throat over a distance. Feeling threatened and perceived that the French surrendered to Robin rather than to himself, King John outlawed Robin. Thus, Robin ended up living in the woods with his beloved Lady Marion and a bunch of orphans. Since then, he became the legendary Robin Hood.

Overall, this movie would be rather OK, I would say. But it's just not my choice of movie. Anyway, I rated 6/10 for this. Still, it's better than the so-called hottest film of summer (Iron Man 2) which sucked totally.

No comments: