Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, June 6, 2010

To Sandakan, With Love

Hello Sunday!!! Well, apparently and obviously, I had abandoned this blog for quite some time. Now it's in the stage of severe anorexic condition and I'm gonna feed it with lotsa, lotsa, lotsa photos in this post, deal? I got an excuse ok, though it's pretty lame - which is B.U.S.Y. Last Thursday, I had another short escape back to my hometown. Yeah, Sandakan, it is. I had a great time with a bunch of great friends with great laughs despite the limited time. Let the photos do all the talking...

Ice cream waffle which looked absolutely like....ya right.....SHIT!

Going back to my home sweet home...Yay!!! We had been hovering in the air for an hour due to the bad weather, making the total flight time as 4 hours (which is supposed to be 2 hours 45 mins)!!!

The famous Sim Sim Pei Dan Gao....Honestly, that was my virgin visit there despite living in Sandakan for 24 years!

Meet Lin Yung

Some wild monkey....enjoying its long beans

With my high school buddies....Ah Soon the joker on my right and Lin Yung the albino on my left and me, you know la, the one looking like a blind girl.

Proboscis monkeys at Labuk Bay. They really have long noses like......(use your imagination ... LOL!)

This big baby was sleeping (or sun bathing) like a log

Lin Yung & KK

At Balin Rooftop Garden which oversees Sandakan town

Sandakan view

Sandakan view

Ms Blogger with family

An infamous model for an infamous cover magazine :P

Again...

The historical St. Michael's Church which still preserves its charm

Meet Chin Hong...

Meet Kok Kwan (One of those rare occasion where I put his name)

And again...

Agnes Keith's House

Something-garlic-forgotten-butter-don't know what-cream fish

Fish & fries

Hehehe...

Meet Chew Liang...Hehehe....

Hehehe....

Hehehe....

Hehehe....

At Rainforest Discovery Center (RDC in Sepilok)


Hehehe....

Hehehe....

Hehehe....

Hehehe....



Heading back to hell :(

Getting bored with my photos? No, you better don't! Not yet! I promised this post will be lotsa, lotsa, lotsa photos. The ones below are some of my favourite shots. Just a couple of them though. Hang in there!


This would be my favourite if not because of the NOISE!!!

Feeling mysterious?

Love the combination of colours, surroundings and their natural actions

An old, loving couple enjoying the view

And so, my 3 days of short escape ended just like that. With that, I sign off with my favourite shot of the day....

Much love, xoxo,
~Grace~

9 comments:

ccliang said...

hehehe.... u pandai...

Grace Chia said...

Hehehe...

ccliang said...

at least intro me la.. my name is ccliang, not hehehe... hehehe is senyum kambing... hehehe like me

Grace Chia said...

Now u intro urself edy :P

ccliang said...

surrender to ur tricks...

Grace Chia said...

I edited edy...Go and have a look. Hehehe....=)

ccliang said...

yupp.. thanx for your introduction.. muahaha.. i put advertisement here as well la.. feel free to visit my blog: http://ccliangphoto.blogspot.com/
for some photos taken by me..

hehehe...=)

Grace Chia said...

Wahaha....no people will look at my comments. I will help u advertise then. Hehehe....

ccliang said...

memang la... ur comment column become our chat space dy for each other to leave msg since i stuck in a remote area.. too bad i dun have much time to bersiar-siar here to take pictures. otherwise, will spend some time to promote my working area. Monkey, wild boar, eagle, and lastly barbarian.. muahahaha