Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Usual Sushi-Movie weekend

The animated film (How to Train Your Dragon) has just premiered last Thursday, 25th March 2010, which I called the hailstorm day as there was terrible storm in KL during the evening of that particular day. I waited for over an hour for the freaking rain to stop in UM. It's not that I'm afraid of the rain but more so I'm scared of the lightnings. There really were lots of lightnings! Continuous, non stop lightnings, mind you. And it doesn't stop there. My umbrella nearly got blown away by the freaking wind. Anyway, we are drifting too far away. *Snap snap* Back to the movie. I never really liked watching animations, but after the movie UP (Remember this movie? About a cute, fat boy, Russel with his balloon....), I thought, hey, animations aren't too bad after all.


Tony said this movie was good and it better turns out to be good. Or else he'll be slapped by 3 people, which of course includes me. So, I went for the movie with KK (yes, again), Tony (yes, yes, again) and his 'friend(s)' a day after its premiere on Friday night, straight after work. Guess what? It turned out that this movie was really nice. Worth watching and funny as well. In short, the story is about a boy named Hiccup (what a special name, yes, I know), who longs to become a viking like his dad and every other men in the village to kill dragons (pests in their village). History changed when he met Night Fury (a so-called dangerous dragon which had not been seen nor fought before). I found this dragon looked like a hybridisation of Stitch, bat and dog. It was really cute and funny. Hope to have a dragon like it as my pet too....

After the funny movie, KK and I went to have our dinner at Sushi King. Hai! Watashidomo tabemasu sushi moo ichido. No idea of what the hell I'm crapping? Google it! But I do like sushi. Oishii ne....

The 21st Intervasity Biochemistry Seminar 2010 was held on Saturday, 27th March 2010 at UCSI South Wing. I wouldn't be here if not because of Amanda (oral presenter) and KK (poster presenter). The seminar appeared to be a disappointment for me as there was no prizes for the oral presentation as they didn't want it to be so competitive. And also, for poster presentation, 1 or 2 best posters were awarded to each universities. I personally will do much better and put in more effort if there were competitions and prizes. At least I know I have a target to achieve. But this seminar, *sigh* ... It's true that participants and presenters can learn something from it but then, it's still not competitive and of course, not exciting! Call me kiasu, freak or whatever, but I will really feel more excited if I'm competing.


One of my favourite lecturer. Our beloved, loving & caring Dr Renee (HOD) who has become more & more beautiful

Cheng Aun & KK...

... with their poster

KK & Kelvin

Maverick, Kelvin, Cheng Aun, KK, CH & me

UCSI was the host for the seminar this year. Surprisingly, I saw my supervisor at the seminar as she was 1 of the poster presentation judges. LOL! I also had a long, nice chat with Saha (my Food Science friend who is now a tutor). Felt good meeting my old friends and lecturers (especially Dr Renee who had become more beautiful but still as loving and caring) ....awww. Saha, the genius, told me that they had been preparing for this event since 3 months ago. But still, there are lots of rooms for improvements. Why? The hall is rather small and hot. The slide display and PA system sucks. Other than that, the rest were still ok, I guess. Oh...and we had KFC for lunch, which I couldn't finish. We also had 2 tea breaks =)

Kelvin, me and Amanda (blur version)

Kelvin, me and Amanda

Albino KK and me

When it gets too boring....

Kelvin, KK and I went for dinner after the seminar. Guess what we had for dinner? Guess guess guess!!! Yeah! Damn smart la you all. We had SUSHI again. Hahaha!!! This time at Sakae Sushi. It was Kelvin's first and virgin visit to Sakae Sushi and he was fooled by us for the whole night!. LOL!!!

After the short 2 hours of sushi, KK dropped Kelvin and I at UCSI for our next event - Earth Hour. It had never crossed my mind of going there but my brother insisted. Haiz...what to do? Just go and have a look then. Earth Hour Concert was held and they invited some of the infamous bands such as Disagree (never heard of them in my life before) and some other bands which I don't even remember their names. We had a count down to 8.30pm whereby white balloons were released into the sky and lights were turned off. Kelvin's wild imagination led him into visualizing fertilization of ovum (the moon) by the sperms (white balloons). He was so excited, I tell you. There was also a hot air balloon at the event.

Balloons released into the sky

Disagree

When the lights were out...

UCSI hot air balloon

When the clock striked 8.30pm, I expected to see total darkness. However, I was disappointed once again as I saw the houses around campus were still brightly lit!!! WTH?? And I wondered, why are they organising these kind of concerts and events? Earth hour is supposed to combat the climatic changes but this events with crowds and hot air balloon??? Sigh... all these bloody things will only worsen the climate, defying the purpose of Earth Hour! After the event, my brother and I went for supper at Domino's because he haven't had his dinner. And I was having my supper! Die...my progress of transformation into a pig is elevating at an alarming rate in the exponential phase.

No comments: