Nuffnang Ad

Sunday, January 17, 2010

1701 - History

It has been exactly 4 years since it started. Throughout this 4 years, we both had savoured the sweetness, sourness and bitterness of it. Like many other couples, it started off with sweetness in the beginning, in fact, extreme sweetness but ended with a constant and persistent sourness with a tinge of bitterness. There were countless times in which hearts had been broken and shattered to gazilion pieces due to words, actions and jealousy. Jealousy is controversy. Jealousy is fugly (eff-king ugly). How true is that. I couldn't agree more. Well, for actions, need I say more? Words....small as it seems, but sharper than the sharpest knife, might hurt us the most. It's just like a spear dashing right towards the heart. Ouch! That really hurts! The bleeding couldn't cease. Even if we did successfully stopped the bleeding for the moment, these hearts will no longer be the hearts we used to have. No matter how hard we tried to fix them, the cracks and crevasses from the injury caused would still be obviously visible.

These hearts are no longer the perfect and healthy hearts.
They will no longer have the normal heart beats.
They will no longer care for each other.
They will no longer stay together.

Enough with my 'no longer'. Sometimes, I feel like being in a relationship, especially one which had gone haywire, is like having a heart problem or an incurable disease. During this 3 years, we fought, we made up, fought again and made up again. It's like having a constant heart attack. Honestly, I'm getting really tired of this. In short, the hearts will stop beating any minute without any prior notice.

I remember we still had 5 more days to our third anniversary and we couldn't live that long to celebrate it. It terminated 5 days before our anniversary and that's the end of it. To date, it has been exactly 1 year and 5 days since everything came to a complete halt. Everything stood still. Anyway, I'm amazed at how time flies right by me. In fact, I was more relieved when we let go of it. I learn something in this relationship, which is, to let go. Sometimes, we might be holding something strongly and dearly for the fear of losing it. It's good not to give up but I'm telling you, it's not always a good thing. For instance, your hand would hurt if you were grabbing tightly on a metal ruler. It might even bleed! Why would you wanna hurt yourself? Just let go and you will feel the instant relief. Well, that's for my case. It doesn't apply for everyone though. The past is history. We make histories but not living in it. For now, I'm glad that I have a new heart, a new life ahead, and I'm gonna live it to the fullest. I'm gonna be happy like you always asked me too. The memories that belong to us will rest in peace in the corner of my heart.

No comments: