Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Blissful Christmas

Merry Christmas, folks! I know I'm late by a day but it's still the festive season, right? Right! So, how was your Christmas? Mine was nothing out of ordinary. I stayed at home on Christmas Eve, other than going to buy movie tickets at Leisure Mall and dinner with brother at Station 1.

My brother and I went to Midvalley and The Gardens on Christmas day to celebrate his belated birthday, which was supposed to be on Christmas Eve. We reached there at 10.50am. Early right? Well, we had to because it would definitely be crowded if we were late and not to mention, searching for a parking would be a headache. Despite having 2 free movie tickets, we decided to go for a movie in GSC Signature (we never watched movies there, ok). But dang it! The tickets were not valid for Gold Class or Premiere Class (we didn't know Signature is only for Gold and Premiere classes, ok). So, off we went to GSC in Midvalley, starving. But dang it again! It was so crowded that there was 2 full circles of people lining up. Ok, that's it! We gave up and headed for lunch at the Chili's. The treat was on me since it was his birthday. Here are some of the highlights.

Tequila-lime fish steak

The birthday dude who is officially 21 & crowned as SIN KA WONG!

I'm not a carnivore as claimed by someone. I do eat vegetables, ok.

Yes, we did order the same steak, which we shouldn't really had. Anyway, it was a hearty meal. After replenishing our energies, we went shopping, yeah shopping again, for another 5 hours or so before dinner. It was so incredibly, unbelievably, insanely and terrifyingly crowded that I couldn't find a single empty space other than the toilet cubicle. Every single space was completely filled with Homosapiens. Giordano and Padini stores were even worse due to their buy 1 free 1 promotion.

For dinner, we went to another American casual dining restaurant, TGIF. I actually wanted to order Grilled Salmon but the waiter recommended Jack Daniel's Salmon. He insisted that it was much better with the sauce, the taste and everything. So, I gave in and ordered JD's Salmon instead. However, I was kinda disappointed as the salmon tasted for me as if those canned ikan taucu. And the waiter told me it's very tasty and special. Well, I didn't blame him. Maybe he had never tasted ikan taucu before. Anyway, it was still edible, not too bad. The 10-oz JD's steak was way better!

Jack Daniel's Steak

Jack Daniel's Salmon

Christmas dinner in TGIF

For your information, Boxing day (a.k.a. St. Stephen's Day) is the day after Christmas and what people normally do on this day is SHOPPING! I don't know if it's practised by Malaysians but my Boxing day was spent with 2 guys and with no shopping at all. Chin Hong and Kok Kwan (KK) came to had lunch with me at a vegetarian restaurant at my place. Then we went for AVATAR at Leisure Mall. Yeah, Leisure Mall. Because we figured other places would be crowded. At first, I wasn't really enthusiasted to watch this kinda movie, you know, with war, extreme graphic, animation and stuff but 10 out of 10 people said it was good and is a must-watch. There I went, so as not to feel sorry for not watching. The movie was okay with some sense of humour but the front part was super boring. Overall, it was a nice and worth watching movie, I would say.

The 2 main casts of the day, CH & KK. Thanks for making my day!

KK & I. I'm growth retarded. Yes, I know.

Chin Hong & I. He stood so faraway, so afraid of me. Or rather I was the 1 standing faraway from him??? Whatever.

Oh, not forgetting, a million thanks to Ms Tan for the gift, all the way from UK. There goes my Christmas this year. Hope all of you will be filled with bliss, joy, happiness or whatsoever while ushering into the new year. Way to go! Way to go!

~Cheers~

2 comments:

David said...

Hi, Grace (or is it Yin Yin?). Finding my book ("My $100 Million etc.") on your list made me smile. Thanks!

And thanks for letting the world see a little of your life on your blog. (By the way, I was also a little disappointed by Avatar.)

Have a very happy holiday.

Grace said...

I'm Yin Yin and Grace is my Christian name ;p

Wow....I can't believe the author of a book commented on my post. It's unbelievable! By the way, thank you for writing such a nice book.

Yeah, Avatar was a little out of expectation. But I still find it quite humourous to some extent.

Happy holiday and happy new year to you too, David!